Created By: 

Published: 

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Categories: 

July 2017 Quilt of the Month: Industrial Revolution

"During the first Industrial Revolution, the spinning jenny changed the way cloth was manufactured. Today, in the midst of the fourth industrial revolution, robotics and technology can manufacture anything locally at low cost and faster than ever. The design was inspired by the factories often associated with industrialization but references modernism through flat colors and geometric shapes that combine to illustrate the circuit board which is associated with contemporary technologies." –Silvia Sutters

A Brazilian with a background in fashion design and pattern-making, I recently became an avid quilter. When not sewing, I love to spend time with my husband and two daughters. Visiting art museums is one of our favorite activities and it often inspires my work. I am influenced by the colors, patterns and culture of my native country.

Templates

Color Template

Design Considerations

The Modern Quilt Guild’s mission is to support and encourage the growth and development of modern quilting through art, education and community. www.modernquiltguild.com Copyright © 2017 by The Modern Quilt Guild and Silvia Sutters. All rights reserved. This pattern may not be reproduced, sold, commercialized or distributed in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of Silvia Sutters and the Modern Quilt Guild.