You are here

Honeycomb, June 2015

Page Content: 

The design process started with just one circle and rectangle. I moved them relatively to find the best configuration. My goal was to design a modern, repeating block and let the color do the rest. Each member of my family sees something different looking at it. I see a honeycomb; my son sees a happy clown’s face; my husband sees soda bubbles; what do you see?

My name is Magdalena Langa. I come from Poland where I made my first steps in sewing 13 years ago. I studied horticulture and worked in the plant protection industry. My husband, son and I moved to Vancouver, BC in 2013. I joined the local Modern Quilt Guild and fell in love with quilting. My specialty is garments, though. I design my own patterns and sew for friends and myself. You can have a closer look on my work on magdalena.langa.pl.

Copyright © 2015 by Magdalena Langa. Used with permission by the Modern Quilt Guild. All rights reserved. This pattern or any portion thereof may not be reproduced, sold, commercialized or distributed in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of Magdalena Langa.