Broken Bars Quilt: MQG Modern Classic May 2020

Page Content: 

​In celebration of our 10th anniversary, we present the MQG Modern Classics. This quarterly collection is a selection of a few of our past favorites from the Quilt of the Month series, which started in 2015. With new colors, new arrangements, new possibilities, MQG members can find the full patterns on the Resources page.

We are inviting you to make one of the any of the previous Quilts of the Month in our MQG Modern Classics color palette for a chance to have a quilt included in a special exhibit for QuiltCon 2021 in Atlanta! Learn more on our MQG Modern Classics page. 

Members, log in to download the PDF below, and share you work on Instagram using the hashtag #mqgmodernclassic and #showusyourmqg!

The sample quilt was made by Rebecca Roach of the Austin MQG.

My name is Rebecca Roach and Austin, TX is my home. I’m a pattern designer, writer, illustrator, teacher, and French fry connoisseur. I made my first quilt when I was 10 years old (before the rotary cutter was invented!) and everything was hand pieced and hand quilted with a waxed thread so thick & wiry, I could have rappelled down a cliff with it.  I put away my dressmaker shears and template plastic thinking that I would never look back, but here I am! Growing and learning and sharing with my wonderful MQG peeps.