The Tasmanian Modern Quilt Guild is based in Tasmania, Australia and we welcome membership from quilters from all around our little island state.
- To be affiliated with the official Modern Quilt Guild
- To be affiliated and work with the Tasmanian Quilters Guild to create a genuine, artist-driven place for modern quilting in Tasmania.
- To encourage, support, share and inspire modern quilting in Tasmania
- To work with other Modern Quilt Guilds nationally and internationally and other groups with a similar vision
- To encourage new quilters and textiles artists in non-traditional quilting projects.
- To offer education opportunities through classes, workshops and sharing of information
- To incorporate technology in building a quilting community through the use of social media and online education where possible, with particular focus on isolated demographics.
- To support local stores, teachers and fabric designers through custom and exposure.
- To support and provide opportunities for charitable or other works to provide back to the community through the use of modern quilting skills.