QuiltCon 2016: Important Information Links

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
Andres Rosales
Andres Rosales's picture
QuiltCon 2016: Important Information Links
  • Click HERE for Pricing, Refund and Cancellation Policies, and misc. QuiltCon 2016 rules. 
  • Click HERE for QuiltCon 2016 quilt show entry rules and important dates.
  • Click HERE for a timeline of QuiltCon 2016 registration, quilt show entry, and volunteer dates. 
  • Click HERE for a list of the QuiltCon 2016 instructors.
rebecca@cynamon...
rebecca@cynamonmurphy.com's picture

What is the link for the volunteer application? Thanks!

Rebecca Cynamon-Murphy

Andres Rosales
Andres Rosales's picture

HERE is the link for Super Volunteer sign-ups.

Board Member (region 1 representative) The Modern Quilt Guild

Email Me!

cjohannink@telus.net
cjohannink@telus.net's picture

When applying for a super volunteer position, and they ask you when you are available?  And we would like to attend some workshops... When will we know what the instructor/workshop schedules will be?

Andres Rosales
Andres Rosales's picture

You are not asked about your availability in the signup. The schedule will be released June 1st.

Email Me!

allison1110@gma...
allison1110@gmail.com's picture

Sorry if I missed it but what time will registration be open? I did not see that in the catalog, only the date.

Allison Dutton

Seattle MQG

jenjohnston80@g...
jenjohnston80@gmail.com's picture

According to the Quiltcon website member registration opens June 25 and general public registration opens July 1

hollybroadland
hollybroadland's picture

Good question, Allison! I looked in the catalog and couldn't see the start time either. We'd love to confirm that with our members at our next guild meeting.

Holly, Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild
Holly's Red Bike

allison1110@gma...

Yes, I'm looking for a time though.

Allison Dutton

Seattle MQG

molly.isenbarge...
molly.isenbarger@gmail.com's picture

Hey everyone! Great questions.

Registration for members will begin June 25th at 10am Eastern/7am Pacific/midnight AEST. 

All MQG members will receive an email invitation to access the registration system. If you need to update your email address with the MQG, you can send an email to info@themodernquiltguild.com before June 19th, 2015. In order to receive the member discount, you MUST access the registration system from that email as well as register with the email address you receive the registration email from! If you have any registration related questions, please contact us at register@themodernquiltguild.com.

General QuiltCon pre-registration will open on July 1st, 2015. 

Thanks!

allison1110@gma...

thanks Molly!

Allison Dutton

Seattle MQG

ml.nichols07@gm...
ml.nichols07@gmail.com's picture

I see that the CA reg time is 0700 PST, which is I guess 0600 PDT, right?

Andres Rosales
Andres Rosales's picture

The latest email states 7 a.m.Pacific (7 a.m. PDT).

Email Me!

stacey.riddle@g...
stacey.riddle@gmail.com's picture

Andres - Hope everything is going well for you in the big city.  We miss you at your hometown Guild.  

I find it interesting you said that we would receive an email with the registration link.  I don't have it in my email .. and apparently never received one.  Didn't stop me.  I went online (too late for classes -- all of 9am) and it was the devil trying to find the link to register.  I finally gave up and submitted a help ticket and was helped very quickly -- thank you very much!  

My comment / question is : Can there be a link on the home page for registrations?  It would make it so much easier for folks to find the proper content.  

I also was trying to help a friend of mine sign up - she's an independent member in Oregon - and it also took tech support to get her going.  

I'm just thinking it should be easier to sign up.  What do you think?  

Stacey

Andres Rosales
Andres Rosales's picture

There is a link on the community site homepage, it was put there at the same time as the emails started going out.

Email Me!

Susan Isaacson
Susan Isaacson's picture

Are there size parameters for the Michael Miller Glitz challenge?

Andres Rosales
Andres Rosales's picture

Email Me!

dawngolstab@roc...
dawngolstab@rockin-g-quilts.com's picture

What are the size parameters for the photos that we are to submit with our quilt show entries.  I believe the dimensions are specified somewhere, but i have been unable to find the info.

Please advise.

Dawn

Dawn

dawngolstab@roc...
dawngolstab@rockin-g-quilts.com's picture

I just found the information!  

"Please resize your images to 1800 pixels on the longest size."

Thanks!

Dawn

tami.levin@gmail.com
tami.levin@gmail.com's picture

If a non MQG member wants to attend the show and vendor hall, can they buy a ticket the same day of the show? If so is it $10 per person?

Cheers,
Tami

capitolaquilter...
capitolaquilter@gmail.com's picture

Tami,  When I volunteered last year at the booth selling day pass it was based on per person.  The brochures describes it as follows:

One-Day Show Pass (includes admission to the quilt how and vendor hall)  $10 members and non-members 

CapitolaQuilter

Karen Foster

South Bay Area MQG

tami.levin@gmail.com
tami.levin@gmail.com's picture

Thanks Karen!

capitolaquilter...
capitolaquilter@gmail.com's picture

Will there be a QuiltCon App again?  I was wishing last year that I didn't wait until the night before to put it on my  phone because it was so useful and I'd like to start browsing as soon as it's available.  

CapitolaQuilter

Karen Foster

South Bay Area MQG

jensorenson05@g...
jensorenson05@gmail.com's picture

I asked this question on Twitter and The MQG responded to me that there will be an app and expect to see something soon. 

bellamichelle@g...
bellamichelle@gmail.com's picture

Where can I find info on check in time, etc., for QC16?  

Also, where can I go online to find my class supply lists?  I got an email with a link but it takes me to the front page of the MQG and I do not see any links for class lists.

Thank you for your help!

Michelle

Michelle

Seattle MQG

bellamichelle@g...
bellamichelle@gmail.com's picture

I found the class supply list info, with help from a friend ;-} (thank you Martha)

Michelle

Michelle

Seattle MQG

mlrideas@hotmail.com
mlrideas@hotmail.com's picture

This is my first QuiltCon (excited much?) and was wondering what the chances are that waitlists start to open up as we get closer to the event? Like others, I had a hard time getting into the registration when it opened and did not get a single class. I'm waitlisted for dozens, but hate to travel all that way to attend only lectures. So - what do you think the chances are that I'll get into a class?