How the Board Works
The Modern Quilt Guild Board is made up of nine seats. Four are Board-elected, and five Regional Representatives are elected by membership in those regions. All potential board members are nominated by a member-driven nominating committee, and all MQG board member positions are volunteer positions. The next elections for Regional Reps will be held October 2017, and the Regional Reps will take office in January 2018.
Board Elected Positions: Chair of the Board, Secretary, Treasurer, Board Member
Regional Elected Positions: Region 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
You can see all current board members below and on our Staff & Board page.
Current Board Members
Chair of the Board: Jacquie Gering
Secretary: Susanne Woods
Treasurer: Jill Lombard
Board Member: Chery Brady
Region 1 Representative: Andres Rosales
Region 2 Representative: Shannon Page
Region 3 Representative: Andrew Joslyn
Region 4 Representative: Carole Lyles Shaw
Region 5 Representative: Jules McMahon
Board Members Responsibilities:
- Chair or co-chair one MQG Committee or Task Force (Board Chair & Treasurer are exempt)
- Attend in-person Board meeting the Wednesday before QuiltCon
- Attend all four days of every QuiltCon at their own expense during the board member’s term (alternately, attending and volunteering as crew and having expenses covered is possible)
- Attend the Leadership Meeting at QuiltCon
- Make an annual financial contribution, based on ability to give
- Have online video conference capability for monthly Board meetings (camera & audio)
- Attend video conference Board meetings
- Attend Fall strategy full day session (in-person or via video conference)
Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of the Modern Quilt Guild. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Length of Term
Each director shall hold office for one three-year term, at which point the director may run for re-election, or the director may step down if they so choose. Each director may serve up to two consecutive terms, after which a one-year break is required before becoming eligible to serve on the board of directors again.
Bylaws & Documents